Góra Kalwaria—Stone sculpture of the Founder of the Marians by Andrew Koss, from 1984-1985. It stands in front of the Church of the Cenacle, the site of the Blessed Stanislaus Papczyński’s burial. Podegrodzie—Obelisk at the site where Fr. Papczyński’s family home used to stand. He was born here on May 18, 1631. Podegrodzie—Old wooden hut that resembles the local houses extant in Fr. Papczyński’s time. It stands near the plot of the Papkas, Fr. Papczyński’s parents. Podegrodzie—Small shrine (with the image of Christ Crucified) on the grounds formerly belonging to Fr. Papczyńsk’s family. Podegrodzie—View of the parish church and the village where Fr. Stanislaus Papczyński was born and spent his childhood. Podegrodzie—Parish church from 1832. Podegrodzie—Baptismal font from 1409, where Fr. Papczyński was baptized. Podegrodzie—St. Anne’s Church from 1631. Podegrodzie—Interior of St. Anne’s Church. Podegrodzie—The Dunajec River at its normal water level. The river’s width is 60 meters, its bed is rocky, and the current is swift. An early 19th century lithography of Nowy Sącz. In 1643, a young Papczyński moved here to attend elementary school. Jarosław—The Jesuit Fathers’ church and college here. Fr. Stanislaus was a student at the college from mid-May to the end of July in 1646. Lithograph from the 17th century depicting a panoramic view of Lwów. Young Jan Papczyński lived in this city from August 1646 to April 1649 where he first battled a painful disease then, being cured, worked as a tutor. Podoliniec—The Piarist Father’s church and college from 1642. Fr. Papczyński was assigned there several times. Podoliniec—Interior of the Piarists’ church with a large painting of St. Stanislaus the Bishop. Rawa Mazowiecka—The Jesuit Fathers’ church and college here, from 1613. Fr. Papczyński completed his philosophy course at this college. Warsaw—Garrison church, a former Piarists’ church from 1660. A church with attached monastery of the Franciscan Fathers, under the title of “St. Anthony” in Warsaw—A lithography from the second half of the 19th century. Here Fr. Papczyński studied theology from 1655 to 1656. At the time, the buildings were wooden, with construction of the brick church and monastery began in the year 1671. Rzeszow—The Piarist Fathers’ church and college here. At this college, Fr. Papczyński held the position of a teacher of Rhetoric. Warsaw—The image of the Gracious Mother of God, which formerly belonged to the Piarists’ church. Warsaw—The Jesuits’ church here where the image of the Gracious Mother of God is venerated. Warsaw—The Dominicans’ church. Fr. Papczyński preached some of his sermons at this church. A panoranic view of Mikulov (Nicolsburg) at present time. The city takes its roots in the middle centuries. Fr. Papczyński stayed in the Piarists’ Monastery located here for a brief period of time in 1668. A late 19th century lithography of Kazimierz in Kraków, where Fr. Papczyński lived in tha Piarists’ residence from the middle of September 1669 to January of 1670. After leaving the Piarists, he resided again in Kraków, taking up residence at the local Bishop’s palace. For a short period of time, he was the moderator of the Confraternity of the Immaculate Conception at the Church of St. James located in the Kazimierz section of Kraków. Baroque church and monestary of the Piarists in Prievidza from the second half of the 17th century. Fr. Papczyński was imprisoned in this monastery for several months of the year 1670. A contemporary view of the façade of the Piarist’s church and monastery in Prievidza-Slovakia. The insert above is a view of the church’s interior. Lubocz—The old chapel in the village center. Formerly Lubocza, this was the place where Fr. Stanislaus resided after he left the Piarists. Puszcza Mariańska—The miraculous image of Our Lady that was given to the Marians by the Karski family of Lubocza. The image perished in the church fire of 1993. Puszcza Mariańska—The historic wooden church considered the birthplace of the Order of the Marians. After the fire on May 2, 1993 it was restored. Chojnata—The church where, in 1653, Fr. Papczyński announced that he had received a vision of King John III Sobieski’s victory at the Battle of Chocim. The battle occured on November 11, 1653. Lewiczyn—The Marian Shrine that Fr. Papczyński used to visit and where he was healed twice. Góra Kalwaria—The facade of the Church of the Cenacle from 1677. The mortal remains of the Blessed Stanislaus Papczyński are venerated in this church. Góra Kalwaria—Stone sculpture of the Founder of the Marians by Andrew Koss, from 1984-1985. It stands in front of the Church of the Cenacle, the site of the Blessed Stanislaus Papczyński’s burial. Lewiczyn—The Marian Shrine that Fr. Papczyński used to visit and where he was healed twice.Góra Kalwaria—The Church on the hill there called “At Pilate,” which dates from 1668. The mortal remains of Bishop Wierzbowski are buried in the crypt of this church. The bishop was a great friend of Fr. Papczyński and his community. Góra Kalwaria—The image of the Eye of Divine Providence, dating from 1750. Fr. Papczyński frequently attributed the establishment of his religious community to the Divine Providence. Góra Kalwaria—The image of Our Lady from the 17th century. Its creation was commissioned by Bishop Stephen Wierzbowski. One of the ancient roman gates called “Porta del Popolo.” It was through this gate Fr. Papczyński would enter the Eternal City during his visits. An entrance to the monastery of the Franciscan Friars in Rome called Saint Maria in Aracoeli. Fr. Papczyński stayed here for a few months during his last visit to Rome in 1691. Engraving from 1748. Goźlin—The historic wooden parish church, dating from 1776. Image of Our Lady of Goźlin, which, according to tradition, was displayed in the room where Father Founder was born. The image was bequeathed by the Founder to the Marian monastery at Goźlin, Poland, when it was established in 1699. Shortly thereafter, people began to pray to Our Lady before the image in the monastery church and to report that they had received special graces. Goźlin—The main altar in the parish church with the image of Our Lady Immaculately Conceived painted by a Marian priest, Fr. John Niezabitowski (1744-1804). Interior view of a Cenacle church in Góra Kalwaria near Warsaw, where the sarcophagus of Fr. Papczyński is located. Góra Kalwaria — The sarcophagus of 1766 which holds the coffin containing the mortal remains of Blessed Stanislaus. It is located in the Church of the Cenacle. Goźlin—The main altar in the parish church with the image of Our Lady Immaculately Conceived painted by a Marian priest, Fr. John Niezabitowski (1744-1804).Bishop Stephen Wierzbowski (1616-1687), a great friend of Fr. Papczyński and the Marian Order, who was instrumental in establishing the Marians at Góra Kalwaria John III Sobieski, King of Poland (1674-1696), savior of Christianity at the Battle of Vienna in 1683. A great protector and benefactor of Fr. Papczyński and his community, he gave his approval for the Order on June 2, 1679. Pope Innocent XII (1691-1700), born Antonio Maria Pignatelli del Rastrello in Naples, Italy on March 13, 1615, died on September 27, 1700. Papal Nuncio to Poland from 1660 to 1668. He approved Marians as an Order with the solemn vows under the Rule of the Ten Evangelical Virtues of B.V.M. in 1699. While stationed in Warsaw as a Apostolic Delegate, Antonio Pignatelli often used Fr. Papczyński as his personal confessor. Part of the choir seats in Camaldoli’s church in Bieniszew, Poland. Above each seat there is a portrait of one of the founders of the most famous religious communities of the Church. Fr. Papczyński’s portrait is second from the right. Francesco Pignatelli, CR was an Italian cardinal (February 6, 1652 – December 15, 1734), and a native of the viceroyalty of Naples. He filled the office of the Apostolic Nuncio to Poland from March 1700 to February 1703, when he became Archbishop of Naples. In 1665, joined the Theatine Order. On September 27, 1684, thanks to the recommendation of Charles II, King of Spain, he was made archbishop of Taranto. Although Pignatelli was related by blood to Pope Innocent XII (1691–1700), it was only the Pope’s successor – Clement XI – who named him a cardinal on December 17, 1703. At first, he was the cardinal-presbiter at the church of SS. Pietro e Marcellino, but in 1719 he was promoted to the rank of cardinal-bishop of Sabina (April 26, 1719 to June 12, 1724), and then also of Frascati (June 12, 1724 to November 19, 1725) and of Porto e Santa Rufina (from November 19, 1725 until his death), while still remaining the Archbishop of Naples. Cardinal Pignatelli participated in the conclaves of 1721, 1724, and 1730. Until June 12, 1726, he was the dean of the College of Cardinals. He died in Naples at the age of 82 and was buried in the Theatine church in Naples. It was before Nuncio Pignatelli, as the representative of the Apostolic See in Poland, that Blessed Fr. Stanislaus Papczyński made his profession of solemn vows upon The Rule of the Ten Virtues of the Most Blessed Virgin Mary. This act took place on June 6, 1701, in Warsaw. Blessed Stanislaus Papczyński was not only the first Marian but also the first male religious in the history of the Church to profess his vows upon The Rule of the Ten Virtues adopted for the male religious orders.